The Solutions Architect is a key role for the company and will support the Executive team in ensuring the effective delivery of the company’s mission ‘to make more people active through the use of technology, contributing to a healthier society’.
The Solution Architect will look to build logical models of components and interfaces that contribute to the development of systems architectures, produce detailed component specifications and translate these into detailed designs for implementation.
Working closely with the CTO and Head of Development, the role will own architectural design and technology platform choices; guide front/back-end system design including web and mobile applications; and direct integration with technology partners. Effective communications with the executive team, product management and technology partners is essential to success.
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering /Computer Science
- Proven experience leading the architectural strategy, design and implementation for large scale global SaaS product businesses
- A career with strong focus on the Microsoft technology stack but comfortable working across a range of technologies.
- Excellent microservice skills and experience, ideally including migration from a more monolithic architecture
Highly desirable technical skills and experience:
- Containerisation & microservices
- Docker with Kubernetes
- .NET Core
- C#, .NET 4.5, ASP.NET MVC, Web API
- SQL Server and SQL Azure
- Entity Framework, ADO.NET
- NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB, Redis)
- Public API development and design
- Microsoft Azure
- Test-driven development (TDD)
- Agile development methodologies
- DevOps core activities and related tools
Useful technical skills and experience:
- Client-side frameworks (e.g. Angular,React)
- Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS)
- Technology in the sporting sector
- Gated access systems