We're looking for a Full Stack (Nodejs) developer to join our team here at ClubSpark. This role will contribute to the microservices design architecture by developing new services and optimising existing services. If this sounds interesting we'd love to hear from you - please get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org or apply on the button below.
You will work very closely with other nodeJs developers including a team of architects in a dynamic team environment focused on turning ClubSpark, our award-winning sport participation platform, into a global leading product within the sports participation market.
- has an uncanny ability to know ‘what to do’ in just about any situation - your breadth of experience ‘been there, done that’ and pragmatic approach across a broad range of technology, organisational and industry scenarios will add value across a myriad of business, project and technology situations;
- is great at seeing the big picture - understands what we are trying to achieve and the business processes we are using whilst at the same time you are comfortable and capable to deep dive into the specifics to ensure our technology solutions meet our business needs at all levels;
- is a credible communicator and a great team player - effective communication and collaboration with our internal teams will be essential to your success;
- understands non-functional requirements such as usability, reliability, performance, supportability, and security; and
- is always learning and staying relevant
Master's or Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering / Computer Science
Proven experience of developing and deploying nodejs applications, between 2-5 years experience in a commercial environment (ideally with proven experience working in smaller dynamic companies)
Strong experience using Azure and Microsoft technologies is a bonus but also be comfortable working across a range of technologies
Have a proven track record of rapidly learning new technologies and systems
Strong analytical and design skills, knowledge of DDD, SOLID principles.
- NodeJs (2-5 years)
- Deep experience with unit testing and TDD
- Containerisation& microservices
- Docker with Kubernetes
- API design and development
- NoSQLDatabase (e.g. MongoDB, Redis, DocumentDB)
- SQL Database (eg. MS SQL, MySQL, Postgres)
- Message Queues (Rabbit/MSMQ/Azure Storage and Service Bus Queues)
- Agile development methodologies
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Deployment best practices (desired)
Great if you also have experience with...
- Client-side frameworks (e.g. React)
- C# .NET
- Experience in the sporting or wellness sector
A great salary (£40-£65k dependent on experience), contributory pension, life assurance, cycle to work scheme, 26 days holiday, laptop, remote flexible working + any extras you need!
This can be a remote working role based in the UK with occasional travel to support our teams either in Wimbledon or Bath. The role can also be based working out of our Wimbledon, South West London office (when our office re-opens due to covid-19) or working with our Bath team if you already live in the South West.
Please note salary is dependent on experience level.
The Company is not offering immigration sponsorship with this role - candidates will need to be based in the UK for this role and already have permission to work in the UK