We are looking for an experienced Senior User Interface Developer to join the User Interface Development team. This is a senior position within our department, we are looking for an individual with a passion for all things related to User Interface Development who can lead the development on large scale projects.
Working with and leading other User Interface Developers, the successful candidate will be able to set the standards and success criteria of the project. The candidate will be able to work closely with all other departments to ensure projects are well defined and can deliver high quality work.
The successful candidate will have skills in mentoring other members of the team, dictating quality by example as well as one to one coaching. They will also be able to keep abreast of emerging techniques, and train other members of the department in these techniques.
Successful candidates must be well organised and have the drive to ensure our projects are delivered on time and to a high standard.
We are looking for an individual who …
- Has an uncanny ability to know ‘what to do’ in just about any situation - your breadth of experience ‘been there, done that’ and pragmatic approach across a broad range of technology, organisational and industry scenarios will add value across a myriad of business, project and technology situations;
- Is great at seeing the big picture - understands what we are trying to achieve and the business processes we are using whilst at the same time you are comfortable and capable to deep dive into the specifics to ensure our technology solutions meet our business needs at all levels;
- Is an expert and credible communicator - effective communication with project teams will be essential to your success;
- Understands non-functional requirements such as usability, reliability, performance, supportability, and security;
- Has a great eye for detail; and
- Is always learning and staying relevant.
You will be responsible for leading teams building high quality user interface code for websites. This will include close collaboration with the Creative and UX teams to ensure all suggested designs can be built and can be made accessible.
This role is also responsible for the quality of User Interface Development on individual projects. You will work closely withQA to successfully implement quality controls on all projects they areresponsible for. You will ensure accuracy in both functional and visual aspectsof the User Interface Development. Working closely with Design and UX to reviewtemplates and functionality, this role is required to ensure that the finalproduct matches the vision of the Creative and UX departments as well as therequirements of the project.
Essential skills and experience
- Degree / 5 years equivalent role experience
- Proven experience with front end technologies including React/Redux
- Experience working in smaller more dynamic companies, comfortable working in a fast-past environment
- Proven leadership skills on projects and ability to lead successfully projects to completion
- Proven ability to control quality and output of the front end team on a project
- Comfortable working across a range of technologies
- Have a proven track record of rapidly learning new technologies and systems
- CSS (SASS/LESS)
- Testing (React Testing Library)
Great if you also have:
- Experience working in the sporting or wellness sector or an interest in sport
- Previous experience of working across a global company and/or Tech start up environment
- Competitive salary (dependent on experience)
- We offer great benefits which include 26 days holiday, a cycle to work scheme, life assurance, contributory pension, flexible working options and support to help you develop
- This is currently a remote working role whilst all our teams are temporarily working from home. We would prefer a candidate who is based in a location within a reasonable distance from our London office (Wimbledon SW19) – however we will also consider candidates who are based in other parts of the UK who wish to work flexibly remotely from home (with flexibility to occasional travel to our London office if required).
- Join a friendly team who value growth, effort, health and having fun!
- The Company is not offering immigration sponsorship with this role
Applicants may be shortlisted and contacted prior to applications closing.