We are looking for a Lead NodeJs Developer who will contribute to the microservices design architecture by developing new services and optimising existing services.
You will be comfortable working as part of small development teams and/or acting as a lead developer helping the development teams deliver on challenging projects. You will work closely with other developers including a team of architects in a dynamic environment focused on turning ClubSpark, our award-winning sport participation platform, into a global leading product within the sports participation market.
● Great at seeing the big picture through your breadth of experience in developing and deploying NodeJs applications in similar commercial environments - you understand what we are trying to achieve whilst at the same time you have an uncanny ability to know ‘what to do’ in just about any situation.
● You are comfortable working across a range of technologies and have a great track record of rapidly learning new technologies and systems.
● Credible communicator and a great team player -effective communication, collaboration and leadership of our internal teams is essential to your success.
● Always learning, staying relevant and sharing your knowledge, ideas, insight and tips.
● You will have a keen eye for detail and be able to work through highly complex processes to understand business requirements and deliver successful software designs.
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering / Computer Science
- Proven experience of developing and deploying NodeJs applications with at least 5years experience in a commercial environment.
- Strong experience using Azure and Microsoft technologies is a bonus but also be comfortable working across a range of technologies.
- Have a proven track record of rapidly learning new technologies and systems.
- Strong analytical and design skills, knowledge of DDD, SOLID principles.
- Comfortable leading, motivating and supporting small teams of developers to ensure: goals are met, productivity and team / individual performance levels are high
- Strong experience in understanding business requirements and producing software designs to support the requirements.
- Can articulate technology design decisions and able to communicate to various stakeholders.
- Excellent leadership and motivational abilities
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail
- Always ready with ideas and a positive attitude on improving tech stack / processes - with the will and ability to implement those ideas
Technical skills and experience:
- NodeJs (5years)
- Deep experience with unit testing and TDD
- Containerisation& microservices
- Docker with Kubernetes
- API design and development
- NoSQL Database (e.g. MongoDB, Redis, DocumentDB)
- SQL Database (eg. MS SQL, MySQL, Postgres)
- Message Queues (Rabbit/MSMQ/Azure Storage and Service Bus Queues)
- Agile development methodologies
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Deployment best practices (desired)
Great if you also have experience with:
- Client-side frameworks (e.g. React)
- C# .NET
- Experience in the sporting or wellness sector